The galvanized single steel wires or stranded steel wires are suitable for cores of ACSR to improve its tensile strength. And they can also be used in the aerial transmission line as the line material of ground connection to avoid the lightning strike.
Bare concentric-lay-stranded conductors are made from bare, hard-drawn, round, aluminum clad steel wires for general use of electrical purposes. Tensile strength and zinc-clad of steel wire have different grades.
• IEC 61089 Round Wire Concentric Lay Overhead Electrical Stranded Conductors
• ASTM A 475 Zinc-Coated Steel Wire Strand
• BS 183 General Purpose Galvanized Steel Wire Strand
• AS 1222.1 Steel Conductors and Stays—Bare overhead Part 1: Galvanized (SC/GZ)
• GB/T 1179 Round Wire Concentric Lay Overhead Electrical Stranded Conductors