This standard applies to the materials,constructions,and testing of weather-resistant thermoplastic and cross linked polyethylene covered conductors,rated for 75℃ or 90℃ normal service temperature.These conductors are intended primarily for the distribution of electrical energy under normal conditions of overhead(aerial)installations and service outdoors.
The conductors are stranded, circular compressed or uncompressed aluminum, copper, aluminum-alloy, ACSR or ACSR/AW etc., concentrically stranded and covered for Weather or UV resistant with thermoplastic polyethylene (PE) or Cross linked polyethylene (XLPE) in black.
• ANSI / ICEA S-70-574 Weather-Resistant Polyethylene Covered Conductors
• ASTM B 231 Class AA, A, or B Stranded Aluminum 1350 (Excluding Unilay Compressed)
• ASTM B 400 Compact-Round Stranded Aluminum 1350 Conductors.
• ASTM B 399 Class AA, or A Stranded Aluminum-Alloy 6201 T-81 Conductors.
• ASTM B 232 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Coated-Steel Reinforced (ACSR)
• ASTM B 549 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Aluminum-Clad Steel Reinforced (ACSR/AW)