Primarily used for overhead service applications such as street lighting, outdoor lighting, and temporary service for construction. To be used at voltages of 600 volts phase - to - phase or less and at conductor temperatures not to exceed 75°C for polyethylene insulated conductors or 90°C for cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulated conductors.
The conductor consists of a phase conductor and a neutral conductor. The material of the phase conductors is Aluminum or copper and may be solid, stranded circular compacted or compressed or uncompressed conductor. The neutral conductors are stranded round circular uncompressed aluminum or copper or aluminum-alloy conductor or ACSR or ACSR/AW etc. And the insulating material is black weather or UV-resistant thermoplastic polyethylene (PE) or cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE).
Note: Neutral conductors can be insulated or non-insulated.
• ANSI/ICEA S-76-474 Neutral-Supported Power Cable Assemblies With Weather-Resistant Extruded Insulation Rated 600 Volts.
• ASTM B 231 Class AA, A, or B Stranded Aluminum 1350 (Excluding Unilay Compressed)
• ASTM B 400 Compact-Round Stranded Aluminum 1350 Conductors.
• ASTM B 399 Class AA, or A Stranded Aluminum-Alloy 6201 T-81 Conductors.
• ASTM B 232 Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Coated-Steel Reinforced (ACSR)
• ASTM B 549 For Concentric-Lay-Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Aluminum-Clad Steel Reinforced (ACSR/AW)